Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) does not cover all of your costs when you go into the hospital or when you see your doctor.  Medicare Supplements sometimes called Medigap plans, pay health care costs that Original Medicare does not cover like deductibles, coinsurance and co-payments for Medicare approved services.  Medicare only covers 80% of Part B medical expenses and when faced with serious and chronic health conditions you could end up with medical bills totaling thousands of dollars if you don't have a Medicare Supplement to cover the other 20%.​​   


There are 10 standardized Medicare Supplement plans labeled A--N.  Each Medicare Supplement Plan offers a different level of coverage but each lettered plan must include the same benefits regardless of insurance company or location. For example, Medicare Supplement Plan G in Alabama includes the same benefits as Plan G in Colorado.  The benefits in a Medicare Supplement never change no matter how long you are enrolled in the plan.  When Medicare deductibles or co-pays increase so do the benefits in your Medicare Supplement.  Your out-of-pocket cost will always be low, fixed and stable year after year.  There are no provider networks with Medicare Supplements so you can go to any doctor or hospital in the United States that accept Medicare and you can see specialist without referrals.  You are fully covered when you travel anywhere in the United States.  


There can be a big difference in premiums that insurance companies charge for exactly the same coverage.  Each insurance company sets its own premiums so it is important to work with a knowledgeable agent so you don't overpay for your Medicare Supplement.  Medicare Supplement Plans F, G and N are the three most popular Supplements and they all cover the 20% Medicare leaves off.  Medicare Supplements do not include prescription drug coverage so you will need to enroll in a Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan.

Medicare Supplements In Alabama

Alabama Medicare Plans


Birmingham, AL 

The best time to enroll in a Medicare Supplement is during your Open Enrollment Period.  When you first activate your Medicare Part B at age 65 or older, you have six months to enroll in any Medicare Supplement Plan offered In Alabama without having to answer health questions.  Your acceptance is guaranteed and pre-existing health conditions are covered immediately.  After your Open Enrollment Period ends you can apply for a Medicare Supplement later, at anytime, but you have to answer all health questions and could be denied coverage if you have any serious health conditions.  

Open Enrollment

Call Us:  205-616-9787


Birmingham, AL

Steve Adlman

Medicare Made Clear

Birmingham, Alabama

​Bus (205) 616-9787